Friday, June 27, 2014

Scrap Our Stash Layout - Sketch with Stash Challenge #15

Today, I am sharing my layout for the Scrap Our Stash - Sketch with Stash Challenge #15. The Challenge is to create a layout using the sketch below and you must include enamel dots or sequins AND 2 different types of alphas. In addition, SOS is teaming up with the Child's Play and their Tie Dye Inspiration Challenge, so there is an extra challenge to combine the SOS challenge with the Child's Play Challenge. Here is the sketch and Tie Dye inspiration:



Here is my take on the challenge:

For this layout, I scrapped a picture of my son, Max in our "backyard" pool. Even though it is small, he has a lot of fun in it! I followed the sketch fairly close but did only use one photo. I was inspired by the Tie-Dye Challenge to make my own background. I used some Sixxiz circle dies and a Versamark pen to draw the circles on white cardstock. I then embossed them with white embossing powder. After embossing, I sprayed the background with three different Mr. Huey mist colors. To keep the circles white, I wiped the mist off with a baby wipe. I used vellum for the strips going from the top - down on the layout so the background would still be visible. I used two enamel dots in dark pink and used green thickers for "Pool" and small green block letter stickers for "Max".

The prize this month is a $15 Gift Certificate from Freckled Fawn.


All you have to do to be entered to win is create a layout that meets the challenge guidelines and then link it up at Scrap Our Stash by June 29th. We would love to see your take on the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment