Thursday, January 2, 2014

Plans for 2014 Project Life

With the new year, a lot of those doing Project Life start contemplating how they will "do" Project Life this year. (If you are unfamiliar with PL, you can learn more about Project Life HERE.) I of course am like everyone else and have thought about it too. I have gotten behind this year mainly after both my grandmothers passed away and then Brian took a head coaching job and we were selling our house. I was busy during that time to say the least. I am slowly catching up. I have 14 weeks of PL left for 2013 (mainly in the middle of the year) and I hope to finish it up in January.

(My Volume 2 title page I quickly put together this morning. I used the Midnight Edition.)

Through this, I have come to find what works best for me. I do really like doing PL but I find that I like it the most when I get it finished quickly. To best accomplish this, I plan to use one side of a page protector for each week instead of a whole spread. This of course makes me have to weed out some photos, but I find that I cover enough and most importantly, it gets done. I am sure there will be some times where I have a full spread for a week - such as holiday weeks - but I am going to try and keep it to a minimum. Also, I have decided to change my weeks from Monday to Sunday to Saturday to Friday. I find that I typically like to work on PL on Saturday or Sunday so the week will be finished before I start working on it.

(Week 18 - which I worked on last night and finished this morning. This is using the Studio Calico Antiquary Project Life kit.)

The other issue I have had is the size. I am not a real fan of the size for my kids. They like to look at the pics but the 12x12 can be rather cumbersome for them to attempt to look at. I however do like creating the 12x12 size. So how am I going to solve this dilemma? Well I have decided to just print a few photos each month and put them in a Studio Calico Hanbook or possibly a Becky Higgins mini album. This way the kids can look at them, but I get to keep my 12x12 size that I enjoy doing.

Like I said I enjoy PL, but I also enjoy scrapbooking 12x12 layouts and making cards so I find this plan should help me to have time to fit all 3 in as much as I can. What about you? What are your plans for your 2014 PL? I would love to hear!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy New Year!
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment