Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Scrap Our Stash - May Sketch Challenge Layout

Hi All - Today my layout for the May Sketch Challenge at Scrap Our Stash is up on their blog. The challenge is as follows:

Create a layout based on this sketch below.  You must create your own background by using cardstock, a stencil and/or mask and using some form of medium (ink, paint, etc) from your stash. 



Below is my layout for the challenge:


For my layout, I ended up flipping the sketch and making a column of pictures to the left. For my title, I laid out Heidi Swapp letter masks (that have been in my stash for quite awhile!) and colored over the letters with an ink dauber. I also used a circle star mask on three spots on my layout. I sprayed over the masks with Mr. Huey in Shell. After making the background, I added in my column of pictures, added my journaling and a few embellishments. A lot of the items came from the Studio Calico May kit.

The prize this month is a $30 gift card from Scrapbook Circle. To be entered, just link up a layout on the Scrap Our Stash blog that meets the Challenge Guidelines. We would love to see your work!

Thanks for stopping by!
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!!! I love how you did the background and the title!!! Lovely colors. Hope you will stop by and share your crafty creation with us!!
    www.thememorynest.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete