Saturday, June 1, 2013

Where I have been....

It has been a rough couple of weeks for me...well, actually the last 2 months have been rough. If you have read my blog some, you may know that my maternal grandmother passed away in mid-April. She came to Nashville for a short time and lived with my parents right before she died. I stayed with her some as she needed someone with her all the time.  About two weeks after she passed away, my father in law had knee replacement surgery and then ended up having a heart attack a few days after the surgery (about 3 years ago, he had bypass surgery where he had 5 bypasses so this obviously greatly concerned us). He had to have two stints put in a few days later.... He is doing better but is still struggling some - especially with eating as he is on a lot of meds that make him sick. Then, two weeks ago, I found out my paternal grandmother was in the hospital. I went to Missouri to see her that Saturday (May 18th).  We found out she had a heart attack but seemed to being doing better. I stayed with her in the hospital that night and got to help with her some on Sunday before I came back to Nashville. I got a call Monday morning that she wasn't doing well and was very close to dying. I packed up and headed pack to Missouri - luckily only a 3-4 hour drive from my house.  I got there just a couple of hours before she passed away. I was extremely close to her so it has been rough since then. I have been in Missouri off and on - got sick after the funeral - and finally was back to work on Wednesday.  All that to say - it has been a rough time for me the last couple of months and I am so glad June is here!

Here is a layout I made of my grandmother and I a few months back.  The picture is from about 6 years ago. We were at a family reunion and visiting places important to her family.  In the picture, we are at the house...well shack...where she was born.


The tag in the glassine bag is where I planned to write my journaling. I still have not written it, and I am sure it will be a lot different now than when I made the layout.

She was 87 and lived a very full life. I know she is in heaven and I will see her again, but that doesn't really change the fact that I miss her...a lot. I know it will get easier, but I have just been sad off and on. I feel so blessed to have been her granddaughter and to have been able to have such a great relationship with her.  Not everyone has that.

Thanks for reading and I hope to be back to normal posting soon...
Megan

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful page and a wonderful memory you have of your sweet grandmother...so sorry for your losses. Saying a little prayer for your FIL and a hug to you :)

    ReplyDelete