Sunday, August 12, 2012

Back at it...

So my last post (before this one) was in April...I have basically abandoned this blog for the past few months, but I am back and ready to start blogging again.  Things have been great...just busy!  As far as my creative time, I have actually had a lot more of it as I have been making it a priority to have time for it...It is good for me to take time to scrapbook - kind of a break from the busy-ness of everything else!  Anyways, I have not been doing much on my Project Life though I have not completely given up on it. I have however been scrapbooking a lot of 12 x 12 layouts. I honestly have not done much of that in the last 2 or 3 years and I am really enjoying it. What really pushed me to start scrapping 12 x 12 layouts again is Studio Calico. I went to their site after looking at some Project Life pages by some of their design team. At first, I really did not think it was for me as everything seemed a little more girly but then I checked out Kelly Noel's and Lisa Truesdell's pages (they both have all boys) and got inspired.  My first kit was 35MM, which was actually more boyish than a lot of their previous kits (from what I could tell) and I loved it! I had so much fun making pages.  I ended becoming a subscriber at Studio Calico with the July kit (Elmwood Park), which I also loved. I love getting all the inspiration from their site - so cool to see how people use the same products different ways - but I also love how I get a sampling of all the new items without having to look at all of them myself and figure out what I want to buy, etc.

So with all that said, I am showing the pages I made with the 35MM kit. Some of these are completely made with the kit and some just have components of the kit. I challenged myself to first do one layout with *mostly* just the kit and then after that, add in my stash.  Any items I used in addition to the kit, I listed below the layout. Here are my pages:

Additional Supplies: transparency file, green cardstock, Lily Bee Designs letter stickers

Additional Supplies: Patterned paper - Echo Park Paper (yellow stripe) and Becky Higgin's journaling cards

Additional Supplies: Patterned Paper - Studio Calico-Take Note 6x6 paper pad (green paper)

Additional Supplies: Patterned Paper - Echo Park Paper (red dot paper and stickers), My Mind's Eye 6x6 paper pad (blue plaid), and Studio Calico-Take Note 6x6 paper pad (white paper); Studio Calico-mask, mist and letter stickers; star paper clip; washi (target)

Additional Supplies: Patterned Paper - My Mind's Eye Follow Your Heart 6x6 paper pad (blue/green plaid and yellow hexagon; Letter Stickers - Lily Bee Designs (off white), American Crafts (yellow) and Studio Calico (dark grey); Studio Calico/Hero Arts stamp; Becky Higgin's journaling card; Stampin Up! ink; blue cardstock

Additional Supplies: Letter Stickers - American crafts (grey and white) and Studio Calico/Hero Arts stamp

I still have a lot of the kit left and pull things from it from time to time. I may revisit it soon as I have time...

My new goal is to blog at least once a week, so I will hopefully be back soon with more...

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment