Thursday, September 4, 2014

Layouts made with Studio Calico Penny Arcade

In the month of August, a few of us at Studio Calico worked to "kill" (i.e. use up) some of our kits. I ended up "killing" three different kits - Double Scoop, Valley High and Sandlot. I really enjoyed challenging myself to use up my kits so I have decided to keep going into September. Today, I am sharing the layouts I have made with Penny Arcade so far. I ended up buying quite a bit of extras with Penny Arcade - so it may take a bit to "kill". I added in my PL and card embellishments with my scrapbook kits but my main goal is to use up the papers in my scrap kit and a good amount of the embellishments. You will also notice that I add items from my stash, as well.

Here are the 5 layouts I have made so far:

For this layout, I placed the transparency triangles from the kit on a pink part of one of the patterned papers, cut around it and then sewed the transparency to the paper.


I hand cut the "SILLY" title on this layout and then used my sewing machine to stitch down the letters.


 For this layout, I used the Studio Calico Sunday Sketch and lifted quite a bit from Marcy Penner's  Paint layout that was used for the sketch.

I have not done a large photo on a layout in awhile and had a couple of cute pictures of the boys so decided to do some large photo layouts. This one is off Max. I kept it fairly simple. The journaling is printed on vellum and then stitched down with my sewing machine.

This one is of Eli. Again, I kept it fairly simple. I inked the wood veneer letters with a prima chalk edger before adhering them to the layout.

Well, that is all for now. I will update as I complete more layouts.

Thanks for stopping by!
Megan

2 comments:

  1. All amazing layouts! Love the softness in the top one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. would you think I was crazy if I said I pinned all of these on Pinterest??!! Seriously, I would love to lift a few of them and do a feature once I get up and running in scrap mode :) Awesome work, love them all for so many different reasons!

    ReplyDelete