Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Basic Grey-Mint Julep

I picked the Basic Grey Mint Julep line as one my favorites last Friday.  Here are a few layouts I made using what I bought of the line: 6x6 Paper Pad, Chipboard, and Flair - and of course, products from other lines. One line that goes fairly well with this one is October Afternoon's Woodland Park, so I used some pieces from that line in my layouts. I also think some of Maggie Holmes' line for Crate Paper would work good as well...I plan to mix those soon and will let you know how it goes...

Ok - on to the layouts - these layouts feature my baby niece, Ruth.  The line is great for baby girl pages!

First Layout - Cute Sisters
The blue floral background paper is from Crate Paper's On Trend Line, and I think it goes well with Mint Julep. It is kind of hard to tell, but I used a lot of strips of patterned paper behind the photo.  Some of them were not long enough so I just cut the strip in a place that I knew would be behind the photo and adhered it to each side of the photo. This is a good fix for 6x6 papers that are not long enough. 





Second Layout - Sweet Niece
I did not have chipboard banner pieces with this line so I covered some chipboard banners from the Woodland Park line with paper from Mint Julep. To do this, I stuck the chipboard piece to the back of the patterned paper, cut around it and then added it to the page with a glue dot. This is an easy way to use your old stash and make it new or work with your current layout...





If you have used this line, be sure to let me know. I would love to see what you created with it!
Thanks for stopping by!
Megan

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty layouts! You used that line well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw these at Studio Calico and left comments, so ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't really seen that line before - its so pretty. you're layout are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cue layout, love the sequins on the first one and the layering on the second :)

    ReplyDelete