Tuesday, January 17, 2012

First Blog/ Project Life


I created this blog last year but never did anything with it so one of my new year’s resolutions was to start blogging. The main reason I wanted to start blogging is due to all the blogs I have enjoyed reading that I found through Project Life so here goes…



There has been a lot of posts on blogs lately about Project Life, so I thought I would add my 2 cents to the mix.  Project Life is a memory keeping product created by Becky Higgins.  You can find out more HERELast year was the first year I did Project Life.  I MAINLY did a weekly approach (i.e. one or two page spread of pictures for a particular week).  This did not work for the entire year as a sick pregnancy got in the way (specifically the month of May) but I did manage to take pictures MOST weeks and did a decent job of keeping up with it.  I also added extra pages to highlight certain holidays and vacations, such as Easter weekend. I still have to finish the last weeks of the year and a good chunk of journaling for the last half of 2011.  I am hoping to finish it up before I go back to work from my maternity leave..so I have got 4 weeks…hmmm..we will see.



Here are a few of my pages from my 2011 Project Life:


Title Page

First page spread




 Regular weekly spread in January


Easter weekend pages









Supplies used: Project Life Turquoise kit and cardstock, Becky Higgins Photo Pocket Pages, We R Memory Keepers Page Protectors, American Crafts "Easter" & Doodlebug Designs "Weekend"
Looking back on 2011, I am so glad I did this project.  I ended up documenting A LOT about Eli, my toddler..(shocking I know!).  I love that I documented some of the everyday things that will soon be forgotten as he gets older.  It really made me pick up my camera more, which I am also glad about so I was able to capture big and little moments.  Because of how much I enjoyed it for 2011, I am continuing Project Life in 2012 but with a little bit of a more relaxed approach.  I have decided to take a monthly approach because honestly, this is more doable and more enjoyable for me.  
In my next posts, I plan to tell more about how I plan to approach doing a monthly Project Life based on what worked and didn’t work for me last year.  Also, I hope to tell more about my scrapbook system and how I have kept up with memory keeping in the past and how I plan to do it going forward.
Thanks for reading….
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment